Search The Directory
Article Request  
Home >> Finance & Investment >> Insurance >> Home & Property Insurance >> letcare
32-32a Ropergate, Pontefract
West Yorkshire, WF8 1LY
Phone: 0845 2000792
Fax: 0871 211 3412
e-mail: policyadmin[at]
Be a Wise Landlord and Opt for a Landlord Insurance
A real estate property is perhaps one of the biggest investments that one makes in his or her lifetime. While this being the case, can anyone afford to see his or her lifetime’s worth of investment damaged or completely ruined by some calamities? It makes complete economic, business and common sense to insure one’s property against any unforeseen events. Whether one owns a home or rents it out, one should insure it to safeguard against any accident or losses. Even if one owns a commercial property, one should insure it as a means of safety against any damage or loss to the property. Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and weather damage. Specialized forms of insurance such as flood insurance and earthquake insurance are also available these days.

As the famous saying goes “Necessity is the mother of invention”, the concept of insurance has re-invented itself and many specialized forms have evolved, one among them being
Landlords Insurance, a policy for property owners who rent or let their property. This form of insurance typically covers the building, while some may also cover the contents left inside the home such as furniture and fittings. Some providers also offer a cover for flooring. Buy to let insurance on the other hand not only covers one’s property while it is rented out but also offers an option of being covered for a certain period of time while the property is unoccupied.

 These days more and more people are opting for home contents insurance. Contents insurance covers more than just the furniture in the house. For instance, if there was a small flooding due to malfunctioning of a washing machine, damaging the carpets and decor, then this loss would not be covered under a building insurance. However, contents insurance would cover any losses to the furniture and fixtures in the house, thereby safeguarding one’s property against any unforeseen event. Furniture, fixtures and other personal belongings in one’s home may not only be expensive, but also of great emotional and personal value. Contents insurance covers the contents of one’s home on a new-for-old basis for loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or malicious damage.

 When one selects an insurance company, one needs to make sure that the insurance should be with a reliable company that is also affordable and competitive. Furthermore, there are several factors which one needs to take into consideration to determine the cost of the insurance. To determine the amount of insurance coverage one needs, it is a good idea to check the home prices in the local area to gauge the net worth of one’s home. One can also check with a builder to find out what it would cost to rebuild the home, should it be completely destroyed. This amount is what the insurer should pay for such a purpose.

 Letcare is a one-stop shop for all property insurance, offering a complete package of insurance coverage for both the private landlord and the professional investor, specially designed to include most of the risks associated with letting property out. It also offers buildings and contents insurance for residential properties. Apart from these, Letcare also offers boat insurance, static caravan insurance and equine insurance. At Letcare, one can get instant quotes at the click of a mouse button. Customer service at Letcare provides personal telephone support and step-by-step guidance through the entire process.



Print This Page E-mail This Page
    Link To Us
Copyright 2003-2014, All Rights Reserved. Contact: